2014年6月18日水曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 4

Reaction to The Happy Prince

I. Summary


The story written by Oscar Wilde. I think t
he story is an allegory.It brings out the importance of charity.We learn that love and sacrifice can endear us to god.the Happy Prince in the story is no living prince.He is the statue of a dead the Happy Prince decorated with gold leaves and precious stones.The story teaches a very useful and very true lesson.We learn that god loves those who love their fellow human beings.

ll. Reaction

1. Plot
Through out the story,an angel who has been orderd by god to find the two most precious things the Happy Prince can find on earth and bring them back to him.The angel brings back the dead the swallow and the lead heart and God is happy and says that the swallow will now sing forevermore and the Happy Prince will always be happy.

2. Character

The Happy Prince: The statue that can see what's going on around him,but cannot move.He was happy all through his life,but now he weeps for he can see all of the hardship that faces the people of his city.He asks the Swallow to take pieces of him and give them to the poor of the city.In the end,he is melted down as the statue is not beautiful without its decorations.

3. Point of view

The story is a story about humankind.More than charity, the tale shows the irony of an apparently dead the statue and a swallow who are more generous than people.

4. General opinion

I think the story is worth reading because it's easy to understand.I really liked the story because the Happy Prince and the swallow didn't think of themselves and helped the poor.They show how we should behave when someone is in misery.

7 件のコメント:

  1. Hello Yuna,

    I'm particularly impressed by your discussion of the character of the prince. From your comments we can get a very clear sense of the motivations and personality of the main character. Great work!

    返信削除
  2. Hello Yuna.I read your blog.It was very plain.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Misa,thank you so much.I'm very happy to hear that.

      削除
  3. Hello Yuna, I read also this story. This is a good story.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you very much,Yuri.I'm glad to get your comment.

      削除
  4. Hello, Yuna. I read your LRJ4. Your opininon is nice. When I read your blog, I want to read this story. so I try to read this.

    返信削除
  5. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除